Monday, March 26, 2007

Quilt Classes



Saturday the 24th I took a quilting class at Michales; we are making the cutest puppy quilt. I am going to give it to Ty. (shh its a surprise) After class I was all geared up to finish the piecing I worked till after 11p. I also decided to finished the quilt from the previous class. We will meet again to do the pining and last but least the quilting portion. This is my 5th class and I still make so many mistakes...quilting is not as easy as it sounds. You need to make sure you sew the right colors together, your cutting needs to be pretty exact plus your seams need to always be 1/4 in.
I am very proud of the puppy quilt most of my squares line up correctly. My wonderful teacher Caryn has the patience of a saint; she uses me as the example of WHAT NOT TO DO. I guess that does not qualify me as teachers pet. ;0

1 comment:

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Your quilts are beautiful, I especially love the bone border you added around the puppies. My sister quilts and I've always wanted to learn... but, I can't even sew a straight line.. LOL ~ j